Handcrafted Bath & Body Products

Handcrafted Bath & Body Products
Experience bath & body products like never before

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sample "Hogs"

A sample of a product is just that...a sample.  The reason for a sample is for you to try the product to see if you like it or don't like it.  That way you can see if you like it before you make a commitment to purchasing a fill size of the product.  Samples are provided as a courtesy.   

I am an independent representative for a couple great companies (which you can read about here).  I do pass out samples for customers to try before they buy.  I had a lady recently ask for some samples of mineral makeup, and she let me know what types of colors she liked.  I picked around 4 samples to give to her.  A few days later, she said how much she loved one of the colors, and wanted 4-5 more samples of just that color.  Um, no. 

I did my part.  The lady asked me for samples, I gave them to her along with information on how to order.  Since she liked the product and the color, it is now up to her to order the product if she wants more.  The samples I give out, I do have to pay for.  If I passed out 4-5 samples of one color to one person, I would have to do it for everyone.  That would be money out of my pocket.

I don't mind giving samples to try a certain color, product, or scent.  But if you like the product, color, or scent, then that is up to you to order it.  It is not up to me to provide you with unlimited samples.  Would you ask for unlimited samples from drug-store makeup companies, Bath & Body Works, etc.  No, you would not.  So don't try to get unlimited samples from Direct Sales representatives.   

No comments:

Post a Comment